Wednesday 3 April 2013

Nigella's Easter Egg Nest Cake


Nigella's Easter Egg Nest Cake. One word - awesome! 

I made this cake as our dessert to have on Easter Sunday with friends. It was easy to make, fun to decorate and I think you'll agree, it looks wonderful.

The cake has three parts, the bottom layer of cake, the chocolate cream filling, and the 'nest' decorations. In her recipe, Nigella says that it's OK if the cake 'falls apart' on the sides, as it's meant to look like a nest, so not perfect. My kind of cake definitely. My cake stayed together quite well, but the sides were crunchy and crumbly, which I think is how it was supposed to be.

This is a flourless cake too, so great for all those eating gluten free. It was very moist, and kept well for three days afterwards (God know's know?) in an airtight container.

Serve with some double cream and a hot cup of espresso. Happy Easter.



No comments:

Post a Comment