Tuesday 17 July 2012

Roasted potatoes with oregano and lemon

I like this recipe for Greek-inspired roasted potatoes. The flavours are distinctive and it is relatively quick and easy to make. These potatoes go with anything roasted, such as lamb, beef or chicken. You could also serve them as a side dish at a BBQ with grilled meats or seafood.



What you'll need


* Serves two people as a side dish. Allow two potatoes per person if you want to make a larger serving.

4 medium large potatoes, skin on
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs fresh oregano, roughly chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper


What to do


Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.

Slice the potatoes into wedges (or whatever shape you prefer) and place into a baking dish. Pour over the oil, lemon juice and oregano. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. I really like salt, so I am generous with the salt on these potatoes. I also roast my potatoes with the skin on. Generally they don't become super-crunchy, which is fine for me. I prefer to have the taste of the skin.

Place baking dish into the oven and bake for approximately 1 hour. The potatoes will go slightly brown and you can check if they are cooked by using a skewer to see if the potatoes are soft.

Once cooked, remove from the oven and serve while hot. You can squeeze extra lemon juice over the top when serving if you like.

I served these with roasted lamb shanks and eggplant relish.


No comments:

Post a Comment